On July 27th, the clients officially took possession of this home on lot #6 Mixal Heights Rd., located in Garden Bay on BC’s Sunshine Coast.
It was a very fun project that allowed much creative freedom. We started the Design in ’08 so we’re elated its final complete and wish the Russell family many years of enjoyment.
We provided a full scope of services from initial site consultation to interior design; we helped select everything, from visiting the rock quarry to choose the stones and granite, down to the last cabinet knob and towel rack.
This home will be featured in the next issue of ‘Zoom’ magazine and ‘Canadian Home Builders’ magazine and we are working on additional publications and awards.
- passive solar orientation
- FSC certified hard Wood flooring
- Zero VOC int. paints and Low VOC sealants
- Energy Star appliances throughout
- Controlled lighting with dimmers and motion sensors
- Drought tolerant & indigenous plants
- 98% permeable site
- Dual flush toilets and low flow fixtures throughout
- Local & sustainably harvested, second growth Cedar logs and siding.
- Low E, Argon filled Energy Star windows
- Natural cross ventilation
- In floor/slab radiant heat
- sealed crawl space
- insulated foundation and slab
The kitchen was custom made by local artist Angellos Glaros and the cabinets are composed of Babinga, Cherry and Maple with copper inlays and kick plates.
Angellos also made each metal knob by hand and incorporated basalt columns under/through the island to complement the Basalt bar top and fireplace stones.
Leave A Comment