Location: Cle Elum, WA. Suncadia resort
Size: 2,775 sq.ft.
Scope of Work: This project is an exemplary example of our value engineering capabilities. This production home was originally designed and engineered by others and the developer came to us to re-design and value engineer this production model.
- Over budget by $325,000 per unit
- Sale price of 1.2 million
- Behind schedule by 3 months per unit
- Poor structural design
- Limited ‘free standing’ timberframe
- Many aesthetic timber members
- Poor material and finish specifications
- Poor finish quality due to budget overuns
- Lack of planning
- Fully masonry F.P. with full rock (unnecessary expense)
After completion of our value engineering/re-design:
- Framed F.P. with split face stone (same look, but with drastic cost savings)
- Reduction in construction costs by $275,000
- Each unit finished ahead of schedule
- Improved and simplified structural design
- Complete ‘free standing’ timber frame
- Improved finish quality, including higher material grade.
- Increased sales value of $75,000 due to complete timber frame and improved quality. Sale price of 1.275 million
- Improved layout
- Increased number of windows for day lighting